Central Coast Heart is a collaboration between the Central Coast region’s netball associations to promote the sport and provide pathways from the grass roots to elite netball for players, coaches, managers and technical officials.
The Central Coast has proven itself to be a successful netball region comprising three associations, fifty clubs, almost 6,000 members plus volunteer umpires, coaches, managers and supporters.
In 2014, Central Coast Netball was the only non-metropolitan franchise to successfully secure a licence in the inaugural Netball NSW Premier League competition – and Central Coast Heart was born.
With the support of netballers across the region, Central Coast Heart has fielded two teams in the Netball NSW Premier League competition since its inception in 2016, as well as teams in the Dooley’s Metro League competition – supporting coaches, players, managers, umpires and bench officials in their goals and aspirations towards elite netball.
In 2018 (the third year of the Premier League competition) Central Coast Heart won the Netball NSW Premier League Open Championship.
Central Coast Heart promotes netball through the following channels:
– High performance program for Open and Under 23s teams in the Netball NSW Premier League competition (including local exhibition matches).
– Teams competing in the Netball NSW Metro League competition.
– Netball umpire development pathway.
– Playing skills clinics for aspiring netballers aged 7-15 years.
– Supporting association representative teams.
– Coaching programs to develop the region’s coaches.
– Social twilight competitions to promote grassroots netball.
|Social or Competitive||social, competitive|
|Where based||outdoor, indoor, land|
|Active Kids Compliant|
|Days||weekends, weekdays, am, pm|
|Individual or Team||team|