Sport Central Coast is a representative body acting as the ‘voice’ of sport and active recreation for the Central Coast Region.
Sport Central Coast aims to support and assist local sport and active recreation organisations to work together and strengthen our local sport and active recreation sector.
Our Board consists of representatives from seven community sports, one community organisation (Central Coast Sports Council), the Office of Sport, Central Coast Council and Central Coast Academy of Sport.
Sport Central Coast provides a range of supports and services to our region including – Activate Central Coast and The Sports Hub, The Central Coast Sports Awards and the delivery of a range of industry-specific workshops to maximise the social, health, and economic benefits realised through sport and active recreation.
The release of the draft ‘Central Coast Sport and Active Recreation Plan’ in 2018, after an extensive collaboration process involving local sport and active recreation organisation and relative sector partners – saw an outcome created for the development of a regional representative group to act as the ‘voice’ of sport for the region.
With that aim – the Office of Sport, Central Coast Council and the Central Coast Academy of Sport worked together to initiate this group and recruit the inaugural board of Sport Central Coast in 2018.
Sport Central Coast aims to support the following outcomes:
- Provide effective collaboration between sport and active recreation organisations
- Deliver a forum for improved communication, collective advocacy, shared vision, knowledge and resources, and opportunities to collaborate.
- Promotion of sport and its integral role in community life on the Central Coast.
- Engagement as a key representative organisation of Central Coast sport and active recreation in consultation on sports planning, development, pathways, issues, education, and other roles as identified by the needs of our sport and active recreation industry.
- Identification of region-wide issues and opportunities and to provide advice on gaps in the provision and requirements of sport and recreation on the Central Coast.